Monday, February 23, 2009

Mybrushstroke

Today is the 26th of February can you believe it?

This year is moving too fast for me and yet not fast enough in some areas. I told you I'm preparing for a show in May at Istvan Gallery, new in town the gallery is a cool place to see new and different artists' work. If you're in OKC drop by there sometime.

Since we've had no Winter to speak of our weather has slipped quietly into almost Spring and I'm still waiting for Winter. Spring is too soon I have too many other things I was saving for Winter.

Preparing my studio is a big job as you might imagine. I will keep you informed as to sales etc. I will have lots of artsy stuff to eliminate. I am even going to sell my king sized canopy bed.... $900.. I think having a new experience will be great and a queen sized bed would be interesting maybe even more fun. We never know, do we?
Some things I have ready now are: a small "dorm" refrigerator.... $35. works like a charm has a tiny freezer and all,
A drafting table............$20. that needs some help in the adjusting screws otherwise is a great surface.
There will be more I'm sure as I go along. It would be helpful to eliminate these items to give me more room now. So let me know if any of you are interested.
Now on to more artsy stuff.
I've been working with resins lately; drawing, collaging or painting then building a frame to hold the liquid resin. the end result gives such depth and glow to all the work underneath that it simply enhances your work. It does magical things to a charcoal drawing, or anything that dry like pastel. I would encourage anyone to try it. Let me know how it works for you and what you think of it. I'm enjoying it very much. I'll continue to do more just not all the time because I am always drawn, pardon the pun, to figures any way I can do them and larger than I do the resins. The resins are little jewels.
I love to do the figures in acrylic though I find oil very rewarding sometimes I work on one of each at the same time due to the drying time of each. I've worked acrylic into a place of comfort where I can make them look oil-like so the outcome of each media is equally fulfilling for me.
I guess that's all for today I hope you will keep doing creative projects what do you have to lose. It is time well spent and meditative for today's crazed world. SR

1 comment:

  1. No questions just a comment... you did a great job... glad you have so much to talk about and look forward to learning more about your favorite subject....YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have an art related question?